Friday, January 31, 2014

Gavin's Party

I always feel like Gavin gets jipped having his birthday the week before Christmas.  However, I realized that he has had more "friends" parties than any of my other kids, so maybe he's not so jipped after all!

We did postpone his party to January though, so everyone could enjoy the holidays with their families.  I always enjoy a party, especially when there's tons of balloons everywhere!

Loot bags, the thorn in my side of party-planning.  I want something that will be used, and not just dumped in the landfill, but I also have a small budget.

I think sunglasses, pencils, candy coins and bracelets are a happy compromise!

I do think the sunglasses were pretty fun.  I hope the kids like them!

Gavin wanted a "Thomas" themed party, but I told him we were just having a "birthday" themed party this year.  We did have Thomas coloring sheets though.  As well, we played pin the nose on the clown and pass the parcel.

Then it was time for cake!

Happy Birthday to You!  Make a wish and blow out the candles!

I was so glad I decided to just get a cake from Costco instead of baking one.

Let them eat cake!

Gavin ended up inviting his entire class from school.  15 of the 22 little people were at the festivities.  (I'm so glad the party was only 2 hours long!).  Gavin had a great time with his friends,

and got some very nice gifts too!
Happy Birthday Gavin!  We love you!!

No comments: