Friday, January 31, 2014

PINK!

I've been dreaming about pink cupcakes for about 8 years now.  One day back in 2006, I walked past Noe's bedroom and saw another girl's name up on the wall beside hers.  I went back for a double-take and only saw Noe's name.  Ever since then I have hoped that little girl would join our family.  Don't get me wrong- I LOVE my sons with all of my heart, and Noe is the best daughter I could ask for, but I couldn't lose the hope of having another daughter too and for Noe to have a sister.

January 13th was our lucky day!  We went in for our big anatomy ultrasound and at the beginning the technician asked if we wanted to learn the baby's gender.  Um, yes please!  Not until the end of the long ultrasound did she say, "It looks like you're having a Princess!"  I think I said, "Really?"  She then said that she had checked 5 times since she knew we had 4 boys and that she was confident it was a girl.  I sure hope she was right!  Although, I am itching to finally have a 3-D ultrasound done, as I've always wanted one and this is my last chance.  Anyway, we had tons of birthday cake left, so instead of pink cupcakes to surprise the kids with, we went to the Party store and got some pink balloons.  We couldn't wait for school to be over so we went to school to surprise the kids there!
 
We went to Kaleb and Noe's class first and the entire class clapped and cheered for us.  It was so sweet.  Their teacher took a picture of us and said he would send it soon (I just emailed him to remind him, ha!).  Next we went to Gavin's class and his class was also happy with our news.  We didn't have our camera with us, but Len snapped one on his phone.
 
Our last stop was to Teague's class who was just coming in from recess.  His teacher ran and gave me a hug, so sweet!  She then took this photo of us.  We were at the school for a total of 10 minutes, so only about 3 minutes in each class, but it was a wonderful 10 minutes that really made us feel a part of our community.

Hiram is still not sure about the idea of having another baby.  Whenever he sees our family photos, he'll name all of us and when he gets to himself he says, "Baby."  I try to remind him that even when we have a new baby, he will always be my baby too.

My main goal for this baby is for it to be healthy!  If it turns out to be a boy we will love him with all our hearts, but here's hoping it really is a girl!

No comments: