Every year we have a slew of favorite traditions to celebrate during Christmas time, and every year we get to experience new things to celebrate this wonderful season. Christ's birth and life is the focus of our celebrating, but we believe there is room for Santa and all the festivities of brotherly kindness too. We did A LOT this year, but we didn't feel overwhelmed, we just got to enjoy. However, I didn't use my camera most of the time. I still want to journal some of our favorite memories from this year, then I'll get to what I did take pictures of next =).
1. Favorite books, movies, and music were read, watched, and listened to all month long.
Here are some of our favorite songs I shared on facebook this year:
Hallelujah by Cloverton
Christmastime is Here by Meaghan Smith
Cool Yule by Colin James
I Love Christmas by Ali Milner
Peppermint Winter by Owl City
This is Christmas by Suzie McNeil
Maybe this Christmas by Ron Sexsmith
The Christmas Waltz by She & Him
Happy Holidays by Andy Williams
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by KT Tunstall
It Ain't Christmas by Autumn Hill
The Christmas Song by Nat King and Natalie Cole
2. Sending and receiving Christmas cards.
3. Sledding with friends (the kids did this, I opted out with my pregnant tummy).
4. Our Ward Christmas Party, Leonard speaking in the Gatineau Ward, and Noe going caroling with the Activity Day girls.
5. Watching Noe dance at her ballet and lyrical classes.
6. Book Exchange party with all of my lovely Book Club ladies.
7. Making baby kits for St. Mary's home with the Relief Society. We also donated to Gifts of Hope, the Salvation Army, the Scott Mission, CHEO, and to the Red Cross for relief of the natural disaster in the Philippines.
8. Christmas Ornament Exchange party with old and new friends.
9. Being "Secret Santas" for the 12 days of Christmas.
By the way, I love THIS LETTER explaining the power of Santa to our children.
10. Teague performing at the school holiday assembly.
11. Leonard's Work party and White Elephant Exchange.
12. Watching our Stake Live Nativity Pageant.
13. White Elephant Party at the Wilde's with the Larson's and Montminy's.
14. Caroling through the neighborhood with the Matthew's and their party.
15. Seeing the Christmas lights on Taffy Lane.
16. Visiting Upper Canada Village for their Alight at Night celebration.
17. Christmas Eve at the Martin's with the Cameron's and Bernard & Margaret's family (newly immigrated from Africa as refugees).
18. New Year's Eve we took the kids to the theater to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" and watched the ball drop in New York City on TV.

No comments:
Post a Comment