Tuesday, March 21, 2017

15 of 100 years

As Kaleb and Noé turn 15 I have two songs running through my head: Fifteen by Taylor Swift and 100 years by Five For Fighting and I just keep thinking how did this happen?  I blinked and my babies grew up!  Oh how I wish I could keep them forever, but I know they have to grow up and conquer their own dreams.  I always told them when they were little that even when they'd be taller than me they would always be my babies.  Now Kaleb IS taller than me and he and Noé and Gavin, Teague, Hiram, and Ali will ALWAYS be my babies!

Sweet little Ali is such a cute photo bomber!

They had to go to school on their birthday, then that evening we all went out to dinner at TGIFriday's to celebrate.





Kaleb ordered a double buffalo burger that was almost as big as him!  Yes, we miss red meat, ha ha!

Noé got herself some fish and chips.


After we left the restaurant, before we went to the bakery to let them choose their cakes they convinced us that they should get a little treat from Le 15 in honor of the day.  We're softies and obliged them.  Kaleb got a macaron and Noé got a mini cupcake.

At the bakery, Kaleb chose a black forest cake, while Noé chose a red velvet one.

We all love cake!

Make a wish, ha ha!  They held their candles instead of messing up their pretty cakes.

Yum and double yum!  We love you Kaleb and Noé!

(We didn't give them gifts this year as we just added to the money they received from their grandparents.  Now they have to decide if they want Indian rupees to buy stuff here, American dollars to spend when we're home this summer, or Canadian dollars to buy stuff online to ship through our PO Box.  Decisions, decisions!)

No comments: