We were taken to another Handicraft Mart, but instead of just being asked to buy things we were given a couple of demonstrations. First was block printing.
This man was a machine! He's been doing this most of his life.
The design they made us had 4 different cut blocks...
To use 4 different colors.
The dyes looked like this wet...
However, when they gave them a salt water dip (to mimic drying in natural sunlight) the colors changed! Our kiddos got to keep this one and an extra!
We were also given a rug weaving demonstration. This man is making an intricate wool rug.
I love this blue color.
It was very interesting, but we already bought a silk rug in Delhi (which I may or may not be regretting now).
They had all kinds of printed fabric items for purchase- clothing, bedding, table linens, etc. We didn't need anything, but this peacock-carved bed was amazing!
I would love to create art every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment