Another look at the pretty fountain in the garden, before we went into the innermost part of the fort where the Raj lived.
More prettiness peeking over the wall.
I just loved the colors and patterns everywhere. It was all so beautiful!
The Raj lived here with twelve wives, with three sets of apartments along each side of the square. This was the hangout spot for his wives.
I just love these arches! Can you see the metal rings? That's how the curtains would have been hung up to make different compartments.
Some women hard at work carrying away building rubble on their heads.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip. This woman just looks so strong and beautiful to me. Carrying a heavy load on her head, and her sweet babe on her hip.
She came back around and I asked if I could take her picture. She was happy to let me. (I did give her a tip too.)
One of the upper doors to one of the wives apartments.
These tiny murals were all around the courtyard. Our guide pointed one particular painting out to Leonard of a Kama Sutra poise. Oh brother!
Can you see what's under this balcony?
Yep, it's a beehive. As much as I want us to raise bees one day, this does look creepy to me.
This little pigeon found a better spot to rest...
And Ali found a little resting spot for herself.
Ali and our guide saying cheese!
I'm glad I'm Leonard's ONLY wife!!
What's behind door number 1?
Three boys in a bowl!
I'm not sure who this statue is of, but she has a very interesting form.
These two pillars were made around 225 AD (almost 1800 years old!). You can see very early Brahmic script lettering on them, part of which includes a prayer to Lord Vishnu.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Amber Fort!!
No comments:
Post a Comment