Monday, March 20, 2017

155 and counting!

Back in 2012, I got together with my dear friends Mary, Laura, and Christine to scrapbook.

I wanted to make a scrapbook of all the temples around the world.  There were 140 at that time and I finished 78.  I got it out and cranked out the remaining 77 in about 2 weeks.  Too bad there was just that 4 1/2 year gap in the middle, ha!

The lay-outs are very simple.  Each temple has a photo and card with it's name (which is its location) and dedication date.  The card also has a space for me to write in when we've visited that temple together.  The above page shows Las Vegas #1 (where we were married), Toronto #27, San Diego #14, Orlando #40, Bountiful #9, and Hong Kong #29.  We've served in a total of 41 temples together and I hope every year in honor of our anniversary we can serve in a new temple together!

When I was born there were only 16.  This year another 4 temples will be dedicated.  There are another 10 under construction and 8 announced, so when they are all done there will be 177.  I don't think we will ever be done building temples though until the Savior returns to the earth.  I took a temples class while I was at BYU and Brigham Young prophesied that in the last days there would be THOUSANDS of temples to dot the earth!

No comments: