I'm finally on the last post from our Golden Triangle trip! We flew round trip from Mumbai to Delhi and I am SO glad we got to drive from Delhi to Agra to Fatehpur Sikri to Jaipur back to Delhi. We felt like we were driving through the pages of a National Geographic magazine. These fields of mustard were plentiful and they felt so peaceful.
The fields were spotted with these little straw huts. I couldn't imagine living in one, but they were so romantic to look at.
I couldn't help but think of the three little pigs, while seeing homes made of straw, sticks, and bricks.
Could you imagine hanging your laundry up to dry and having monkeys climb all over it?
A momma and her babe.
My little monkey babe!
We passed several walled cities.
And the walls up the mountain sides were most impressive!
This man is the real deal- the most macho looking Indian man I've seen. I would not want to meet him in a dark alley!
My Ali was given this huge mum at one of our lunchtime stops, by an Indian gentleman. We ate outside at a roadside cafe and the kids had a blast running through the large yard. Ali kept touching this mum that was growing in the flower beds. One of the waiters watched her and went and picked it and gave it to her. How kind!
These little birds hopped around the huge semi wheels at all of the toll stops. They'd look for crumbs and drink water leaking from the cars.
They were quite tough and feisty little guys!
This was the very first camel we saw and we were so excited to get a picture of him!
We soon saw about a hundred camels working throughout the day. The mustard fields were my favorite things to see, but the camels were my second favorite!
A farmhouse complete with a pile of cow-patties!
This girl had her picture taken so many times by strangers on this trip. She didn't really like it, but I am glad she didn't forget how to smile!
In Mumbai, our trucks say, "Horn OK Please." Up north all the trucks said, "Blow Horn," ha ha!
I liked this one that said, "God Bless You!"
God bless the sleeping babes!
And God bless our awesome driver! He was the only guide with us all 6 days and he got us everywhere we needed to go and he got us there safely!
Golden Triangle, we will never forget you!
No comments:
Post a Comment