Friday, March 17, 2017

Something to Crow About

We welcomed in the New Year of the Rooster at our school's Festival of Nations.

We are a bi-national family, but since we are in India representing Canada, our kids walked with Canada in the Parade of Nations.  Gavin and Teague could have also walked with Taiwan, since they were born there :).

Justin Trudeau also came along for the ride.

The American group was much bigger!  Our school has 800 students, but our community of families, teachers, and administrators raises that number to 2,000.  Our community also represents FIFTY-TWO nations, not bad!

Ali slept through the opening celebrations, but she wore her hat after she woke up.

Love my American-Canadian cuties!  And we all loved eating food from the 52 countries!

In Canada, my January mantel is all about snowmen.  With our winter here as warm as our summers there, I didn't feel like getting out our snowmen.  I wish I had brought my Chinese New Year decor, but alas it's in storage.  I decided to do an Indian tweak, and put out some peacocks instead of roosters.

Aren't the Little People peacocks, so cute?!

I hope the year of the Rooster give you lots of happy things to crow about!

No comments: