Sunday, January 17, 2021

Almonte

For our 12th and final summer family excursion we visited Almonte.  We had driven to it earlier in the summer when we drove East to West across Ottawa from Rockland to Almonte and then North to South from Parliament to Harmony.  Of course, Leonard had to have his photo taken with Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of basketball who was from Almonte.  Both Canada and America can claim to be the home of basketball as Dr. Naismith was from Canada, but he moved to America and was living there when he invented it.  Another Cameridan!!

Almonte had the cutest Main Street.

That curved, and stretched, and went up hill.  Every inch of it so charming!

I fell in love with this clock tower!

And the many waterfalls here.



I'll meet you at the intersection of Bridge St. and Little Bridge St.

The Town Hall was also quite impressive.


I love all of these small towns on the water.

Today Noé had to work, but these guys had fun.

This big white house is a Heritage Bed and Breakfast- Menzies House.  It first opened in 1850.  I want to stay there some day!

More lily pads and lovely bridges to make me swoon.

Ali wanted me to take her picture on this "train".  The train was actually a piece of a water pump from a textile company in the early 1900s.  We also saw a flour mill from 1842.

Growing up my bedroom was lavender and mint green.  I always love the green and purple color combo!

Of course, we saw many charming homes.  The stained glass on these doors have his and her portraits in them.

We had our final ice cream splurge of the summer, and it didn't disappoint!  I had their apple pie flavor, delish!






Macy either loves or hates ice cream, ha ha!

No comments: