Sunday, January 31, 2021

Christmas Morning

We had a lovely green Christmas, but it rained most of the day.

We kept our gift giving very small this year.

But all of our stockings were filled!

The best gifts under the tree, my family!


She had no interest in posing with her stocking, but once I gave her one of her favorite books I got lots of cute pics of her!








We have a rule that the kids can't wake up the parents before 7:00 in the morning on Christmas day, and every year they obey this rule (yeah, we have crazy good kids!).  This year was no different, but we did learn that the kids do snoop through their stockings before they wake us up, ha ha!

We came down at 7:00 to start the best day of the year, but didn't get to opening gifts until about 10:00.  We began with family prayer, then had a hug-line.  We shared a heartwarming Christmas story set in 1942.  By this time our Christmas casseroles were done cooking, so we decided to eat breakfast while it was hot and let the gifts wait.  We're multiplying our efforts to teach our kids that Jesus Christ is the best gift of Christmas and the best gift for us to receive is actually giving gifts to others.  I love to give and I hope each of our children will love to give throughout their lives too!

No comments: