Thursday, January 7, 2021

Merrickville

(Now that the holidays are over and a new year is here, I'm anxious to finish posting our adventures from last year so I can start turning all of our digital memories into physical books.
So here we go back to August!)

We had a bonus civic holiday, before our fifth Tuesday excursion, so on this lovely Monday we went to visit the town of Merrickville.

It was filled with charming old houses and shops, or houses turned into shops.  I can't wait to go back after Covid is gone and go inside each store.

I love roosters and this guy had me swooning.

What pretty flowers!

And so are these!

I found out where I can buy that rooster's brother.  I need a big yard with a large flower bed so he can be mine!

I love small town churches.

And small town houses.

This house was for sale with a 7 digit price tag!

There were such beautiful flowers everywhere- window boxes, hanging baskets, and old whiskey barrels dotting the sidewalks.

This house is more my style, but I am sure there is at least one ghost living there.  Hopefully, it's a nice ghost like, Caspar.

This house had its own matching birdhouse.  How charming!

I love skies with puffy clouds reflected in calm waters. 

Some old ruins.

A sleeping princess.

So happy to be awake after some sweet dreams.

A little waterfall.

I have always loved cat tails.

And lily pads!
I want to be a fairy sunbathing on one of those visiting with my dear froggy friends.

The stuff summer dreams are made of!

I will miss these two so much when they leave home.  And I think they're going to miss each other too!

I love this guy and the journey we get to share together.

The cutest town signs I have ever seen!

We're following this one to ice cream.

We found it!

Exhausted kiddos ready for a refreshing treat.

A less composed pose, ha!

Yummy!
(Kaleb helped me and Leonard carry the ice cream over to the kiddos, so he missed the group shot.)

Hooray for ice cream!

Put it right here!

*I had grapefruit ice cream for the first time.  It was so divine,
I hope I can have it again someday!

No comments: