Friday, January 8, 2021

Thank Goodness for Do-overs!

Two days after my birthday, neither Kaleb nor Noé were scheduled to work, so Leonard asked for another vacation day, so we could head back to Perth for our sixth summer excursion.  It was a perfect day!

We had lunch at Mex&Co.





The fish tacos were great, but the rest of the food was just mediocre.  I wasn't complaining though, 

because look at my view!!  I would eat there everyday if I could enjoy that view.  And their fried ice cream.

The cute restaurant with it's 3 floors of balconies.

We could only sit 6 people to a table, so most of us were on the top balcony,

while these 3 had their own lunch party on the bottom one.

We were enchanted walking the main streets of Perth.


Again, I want to go back when covid is dead to visit all of the cute boutiques.

I love old buildings with porte-cochères!

And this clock tower.

It sits atop of the town hall.

There were many charming old homes.  We saw this frame of house several times in several towns this summer.  It's a classic!

I fell in love with this stone storybook cottage (although I think it is a mortuary).

This house had character!  Can you see its eyes watching you from the front porch?  The upstairs windows were filled with mannequins peeking out at pedestrians on the street below.  Um, interesting?!?

I love being near the water and Perth had several attractions.

Kaleb found a path across a stream to a little island in the middle.

I love flowers growing through cracks.  So much beauty and symbolism.

Miss Mace fell asleep again.

But these guys are troopers!

Perth is so pretty!

I wouldn't mind having a little boat in my backyard.

Again, I love the lily pads!  Merrickville had tiny ones, but Perth had gigantic ones.

Pretty little shamrock, I see your love.

Please let my kids always be this little!

Before we left, Ali ran to this little nook and asked me to take her picture.  I love you, sweet girl!

Kaleb had been begging to visit a dark sky preserve.  Being in Perth, we were over half-way there, so we decided to drive to North Frontenac to check it out.  My camera could not capture what we saw, but this image I googled is similar.  Between the sun setting and the moon rising, we saw so many stars shine in their glory.  We could see the Milky Way Galaxy and I saw a shooting star.

My birthday do-over was fabulous and I am so grateful for second chances.

No comments: